Extension of the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
The Job Retention Scheme which was due to end on 31st October 2020 has now been extended from 1st November 2020 until 2nd December 2020. The scheme will be extended should lockdown continue beyond 2nd December.
How to check if your employees are eligible:
- Employers can claim for employees who were on their PAYE payroll on 30th October 2020.
- If employees were on an employers’ payroll on 23rd September 2020 (i.e. notified to HMRC on an RTI submission on or before 23rd September) and were made redundant or stopped working for them afterwards, they can also qualify for the scheme if they re-employ them.
- Neither the employer nor the employee needs to have previously used the CJRS – Further details on eligibility will be provided in the next few days.
What will the grant cover?
- UK government will pay 80% of wages for the hours furloughed employees do not work, up to a cap of £2,500 per month for periods from 1st November.
- All employer national insurance and employer pension contributions will have to paid by the employer.
- The grant can be topped up by the employer at their discretion.
- Employees can continue to be furloughed on a flexible basis.
What you need to do:
- Check if your employees are eligible for the scheme.
- Agree working hours with your employees so they know if they are furloughed fully or part-time during November.
- Please agree any new working arrangement via written communication, this will need to be retained for 6 years.
Job Support Scheme
- The Job Support Scheme, which was due to start on Sunday 1st November, has been postponed.