Coronavirus Outbreak: help and support for our clients
Help and support for our clients
Support for Businesses:
An overview of the support currently available:
Support for Individuals
- It’s been confirmed that government advice to avoid pubs, clubs and theatres etc is sufficient for businesses to claim on their insurance where they have appropriate business interruption cover in place for pandemics
- To support the food industry and help provide meals for people who need to self-isolate, planning regulations will be relaxed to allow pubs and restaurants to start providing takeaways without a planning application
Please check the following link on the HM Treasury site for all the latest announcements and details: COVID-19: support for businesses.
HMRC and Time To Pay
For those who are unable to pay due to coronavirus, HMRC will discuss your specific circumstances to explore:
- Agreeing an instalment arrangement
- Suspending debt collection proceedings
- Cancelling penalties and interest where you have administrative difficulties contacting or paying HMRC immediately
For more details please refer to the following page on the Gov.uk website: If you cannot pay your tax bill on time
For our clients we offer a Tax Protection Insurance which helps your peace of mind in the event of any tax investigation. Please ask out dedicated Team for more details – click here.
Monitoring Your Cashflow
Over the coming months, many SMEs will be paying closer attention to their business cashflow and the processes related to it. Our suggestion to clients would be to use what may be a quieter time to talk to us about this and get on top of your bookkeeping, so that you have the numbers to monitor their cashflow and provide them to lenders, including HMRC when agreeing Time To Pay or loans.
High street banks are currently offering various degrees of support including:
- Lloyds Banking Group